More than a huge indoor playground for kids, Cafe O’Play is designed to build community, host unique events and offer a comfortable oasis for adults.
An “indoor, play cafe”, or otherwise known as an IPAC. Over the last few years our family has had a chance to visit several different IPAC’s around the country. Places like The Chelsea Treehouse in Chelsea MI, Cool Beans Play Cafe in West Palm Beach FL, Lotte’s and Lollipops in Columbus OH, and Little Beans Cafe in Chicago IL have all inspired us to open our own IPAC here in Ohio.
The growing IPAC industry has sprung up around the country to meet the needs of parents, caregivers, and children who are looking for an entertainment experience less focused on electronic video-games, noisy bounce houses, and unhealthy food and more focused on active/engaging play, a relaxing place to build community, and making healthier food choices. “Cafe O’Play” is just this type of place.
Here’s some key features of Cafe O’Play:
- Large indoor playground. Featuring creative and imaginative play areas for children 12 years old and younger, who are also at or under 4’10” in height. Youth exceeding our height limit or teens age 13 through 15 cannot engage in active play. We recommend they remain in the Cafe Area but they are permitted to sit with their family in the Play Area if so desired. Young teens who are present to assist an adult in the caregiving of a younger child should be identified to our staff at check-in.
- This playground includes a multilevel play structure designed by Orca Coast Playgrounds, a separate crawler / toddler play area, an indoor sports court containing a 17 foot-wide hexagonal Gaga Ball court, and an innovative EyePlay interactive floor by Eye Click Inc..
- Gourmet Cafe/Coffeehouse. With seating capacity for 75 customers, our cafe serves gourmet coffee and healthy snacks, lunch, and dinner items. Over 75% of seated customers have clear line-of sight into the play area. A separate, secure entrance into the play area for children & care givers only allows for safe and secure play.
- Party space and services. The two large, private party rooms can be combined into one larger space for corporate events. Trained party staff offer in-café party hosting for: Youth birthday parties, Grandma/Grandpa Birthday parties, Tea Parties, and corporate events as well as off-site, catered birthday parties at parents’ homes.
- Performance space for concerts and special events. Fit clubs for moms and dads, children’s concerts, adult/acoustic “house” concerts, meet the author events with children’s authors, classes for kids such as arts and crafts, story time, and others; are all only a small taste of the many special events hosted by Cafe O'Play.
- Retail store. Within the cafe we feature a small retail area which we call “Rosemary’s Boutique” in honor of John’s mom who recently passed away. She loved our kids deeply and loved the idea of Cafe O’Play. This boutique features a selection of unique children’s gifts and toys as well as Cafe O’Play branded merchandise.
Admission to Cafe O'Play is $10 per child during the week and $12 on the weekends and is good for all day play.